What we are looking for
We are searching for an enthusiastic, creative, proactive and extremely organised candidate who will become a Co-design Specialist within the Design Team at Science for Change. We are looking for a person with interest and knowledge in the fields of co-design, co-creation, graphic design, design thinking, design processes and design methodologies.
Main duties and responsibilities
Within this job position, the candidate will become a specialist in applying co-design strategies to European, national or local projects related to the field of Citizen Science. Training will be offered in house until the right candidate will be able to work autonomously developing co-design methodologies and facilitating co-design workshops.
Since co-design strategies are needed in nearly all the projects of the company, the job will be quite transversal, and the candidate will be dedicated above all to the organization, design, development and facilitation of co-design workshops for EU-funded projects and beyond. These tasks entail:
- Organization of the session: agenda, calendar, meetings with PMs, etc.
- Design methodologies: research, feed the co-design database, creation.
- Work materials: design, printing, buying materials, transportation of materials (if needed).
- Facilitation of workshops: the person will be always ready to facilitate the workshops within the company with further support.
- Support in the development of the toolkit “Tools for Change”.
The position also includes:
- Contribution in the writing up of technical methodology documents.
- Implementation of co-design processes.
- Design and implementation of co-design workshops and activities in citizen science-related projects.
- Statistical analysis of the data collected in the workshops.
- Training in co-design and design thinking.
- Facilitate training sessions.
- Participation in events with representatives of the quadruple helix model (citizens, industries, policymakers and academia).
- Participation in scientific events and conferences.
- Writing of scientific papers.
- Writing of scientific reports, proposals of new projects and commercial offers, among others.
- Training and skills
Training and skills
We are looking for a proactive, trustful, enthusiastic, responsible and methodical person with great design skills and creativity who feels good working autonomously while being part of a highly interdisciplinary team, eager to learn about design thinking strategies and co-design methodologies.
- Degree in Graphic or Product Design, Design Engineering, or currently studying a Master’s Degree in the fields of co-design, co-creation, design thinking, design processes and/or design methodologies.
- Advanced level of English.
- Knowledge or relevant interest in co-design, co-creation, graphic design, design thinking, design processes and/or design methodologies.
- Real interest in applying co-design strategies in European or other Citizen Science projects.
- Interest in applying design thinking techniques to different fields of research, science and technology.
- Ability to use Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Miro, Canva and Wordpress.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Communication abilities and interest in participatory methodologies to involve citizens, industries, policymakers and academia.
- Great writing skills to produce scientific reports and papers and any other required documentation.
English at a professional level, Spanish and Catalan.
What we offer
- Full-time position (40 weekly hours).
- Permanent contract (6 months trial period).
- Yearly bonus related to pre-defined objectives.
- Possibility to work remotely two days a week.
- Flexible working hours.
- A young and motivated interdisciplinary team.
- Cosy office in the centre of the city.
- Coffee, cookies, fruit and other goodies.
- Career plan including necessary training.
- Professional and personal growth.
How to apply
- An updated CV and a cover letter (both in English) need to be sent to HR & Emotional Care Manager by December 22nd: Nora Salas Seoane – email@example.com
- The recruitment process will start as soon as potential candidates apply to the offer.
- The company will get in contact with the selected candidates, advising on the next steps in the recruitment process.
- Availability to join in January 2023 (by 12th January 2023).