What we are looking for
We are searching for an enthusiastic, creative, proactive and extremely organized candidate who will become a Co-design Expert within the Co-design team at Science for Change. We are looking for a person with wide interest and knowledge in the fields of co-design, design thinking, design processes and design methodologies.
Main duties and responsibilities
Within this job position, the candidate will apply co-design strategies to European, national and local projects related to the field of citizen science, collaborative research, science communication and science to policy and more. Since co-design strategies are needed in nearly all the projects of the company, the job will be quite transversal, and the candidate will be dedicated above all to the organization, design, development and facilitation of co-design workshops for EU-funded projects and beyond.
These tasks entail:
- Conceptualization and organization of the sessions.
- Designing the methodologies.
- Developing the work materials.
- Facilitating participatory workshops (both face-to-face and online).
The position also includes:
- Contribution in the writing up of technical methodology documents.
- Analysis of the data collected in the workshops.
- Training in co-design and design thinking.
- Participation in events with representatives of the quadruple helix model (citizens, industries, policymakers and academia).
- Participation in scientific events and conferences.
- Writing up scientific papers, reports, proposals of new projects and commercial offers, among others.
Training and skills
We are looking for a proactive, trustful, enthusiastic, creative, responsible and methodical person with great organizational skills and experience in co-design who feels good working autonomously while being part of a highly interdisciplinary team.
- Degree in Industrial Design Engineering.
- Optional: Master’s Degree in the fields of co-design or design thinking.
- Knowledge in design processes and methodologies.
- Experience in applying design thinking techniques to different fields of research, science and technology.
- Experience in applying co-design strategies in Citizen Science, Participatory Action Research, or Science Communication projects.
- Experience in product design will be valued
- Ability to use Illustrator, InDesign, Miro, Canva and other design-related software.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Great communication abilities, both spoken and written.
English at a professional level, Spanish and Catalan.
What we offer
- Full-time position (40 weekly hours).
- Permanent contract (6 months trial period).
- Yearly bonus related to pre-defined objectives.
- Possibility to work remotely two days a week.
- Flexible working hours.
- A young and motivated interdisciplinary team.
- Cozy office in the center of the city.
- Coffee, cookies, fruit and other goodies.
- Career plan including necessary training.
- Professional and personal growth.
How to apply
- An updated CV and a cover letter (both in English) need to be sent to Nora Salas Seoane: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The recruitment process will start as soon as potential candidates apply to the offer.
- The company will get in contact with the selected candidates, informing on the next steps in the recruitment process.
- Availability to join as soon as possible (July 2023).